Our engineers possess the necessary refrigeration expertise to design and construct the most efficient and effective systems.
From refrigeration units at supermarkets and convenience stores, to walk-in coolers at restaurants and food service facilities, to various commercial systems, Nelson-Rudie has the knowledge and experience to design complete refrigeration systems.
Our refrigeration practice provides engineering services including system design and planning. Complex refrigeration processes require extensive knowledge and experience of high-tech systems. Our engineers possess the necessary expertise to design and construct the most efficient and effective systems for any proposed project, regardless of size.
Nelson-Rudie also partners with leading refrigeration system manufacturers to provide complete system design from small to very large systems. Our team can assist in coordination and construction documentation for permitting and bidding including full criteria development.
We have professional engineers licensed in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and four Canadian provinces.
Gregory Lindberg, PE
Principal | Chief Refrigeration Engineer
BUILDING DESIGN SYSTEMS
- New construction
- Prototype development and maintenance
- Sustainable design
- Building information modeling (BIM)
- Supermarkets (new and revisions)
- Central chilled water plants
- CO2 cascade/transcritical systems
- Energy efficient solutions
- Energy analysis
- Load calculations and reviews
- Peer reviews
- Onsite observations
- Observation reports
- Existing systems assessments
Our refrigeration design services address all project phases.
- Building evaluation and feasibility studies
- Schematic design
- Cost estimating
- Code compliance
- Energy usage analysis and modeling
- Design development
- Alternate design studies
- Chilled water plant design and replacement
- Coordination with other disciplines and local code jurisdictions
- Construction documents
- Cost estimating
- Value engineering
- Bid evaluations
- Shop drawings and submittal reviews
- Response to contractor field inquiries
- Construction observation and site visit reports
- Project punch lists/closeouts
On behalf of all Target team members and guests, we extend our sincere thanks for your exceptional support. We look forward to our continued partnership and a future of shared success.