We are a consulting engineering firm offering structural, mechanical, electrical and refrigeration engineering services.
Nelson-Rudie is a 100% employee-owned consulting engineering firm offering structural, mechanical, electrical and refrigeration services to public and private clients throughout the United States and Canada. Our clients are architects, building owners, developers and contractors. We have built a solid foundation having worked on nearly all building and project types varying in size and complexity. From ice rinks and aquatic facilities, to medical clinics and senior housing campuses, to retail stores and office buildings, you’ll find evidence of our work across the country.
Our services are provided primarily for conventional design-bid-build and design-assist project delivery. We have extensive experience working with owners and architects on prototypical projects including well-known, national retail and grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants and convenience stores with gas stations. Our focus is to build exceptional teams to deliver our clients projects that are seamless, on time and on budget. We are service-oriented, offering the personal involvement of our principals on every project.
Nelson-Rudie was founded by Dennis Nelson and Scott Rudie in 1976. Today, our Minneapolis-based company has grown to more than 60 employee owners with professional engineers licensed in all 50 states, District of Columbia and five Canadian provinces, and is committed to successful collaborations with our clients.
Canadian provinces licensed
AREAS OF WORK
ARTS | CULTURE
City Halls/Government Centers
Water/Wastewater Treatment Plants
Skilled Nursing Facilities
Auto Dealerships/Vehicle Maintenance
SCIENCE | TECHNOLOGY
Data Centers/Computer Facilities
Mass Transit Buildings
WHERE WE WORK
Nelson-Rudie has professional engineers licensed in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and five Canadian provinces.
We are members of the following professional associations.
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC)
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE)
- American Wood Council (AWC)
- ASTM International
- Illuminating Engineering Society (IES)
- International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI)
- International Code Council (ICC)
- International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration (IIAR)
- Minnesota Structural Engineers Association (MNSEA)
- National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE)
- North Central Electrical League (NCEL)
- Structural Engineering Institute
- The ESOP Association (TEA)
- The Masonry Society (TMS)
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
At a Glance
Name: Nelson-Rudie & Associates, Inc. (Nelson-Rudie)
Headquarters: Minneapolis, MN
Founded: 1976, Minnesota
Engineering Services: Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Refrigeration
Structure: Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) organization
President: Michael Woehrle, PE, P.Eng.*
*Licensed PE: 46 states and DC; excl. AZ, MT, SC and VT. Licensed P.Eng.: AB, BC, ON and SK, CA.
Awards | Recognition: Learn about our achievements in engineering.