Mr. Decourt is a licensed professional engineer with more than 32 years of experience in mechanical engineering. Frederic has been with Nelson-Rudie since 1995. He leads a variety of challenging mechanical engineering projects as well as the company’s technology operations.
Early in his career, Frederic worked at a chemical factory in the maintenance department of the thermal power plant. He also brings to Nelson-Rudie invaluable experience having designed heating and cooling systems for various buildings as well as service and maintenance of heating district power plants. Today, Frederic designs mechanical systems for educational buildings, office buildings, recreational facilities including ice arenas and aquatic facilities as well as central chilled water and heating plants. He also has extensive expertise in energy analysis of all building types and sizes.
Frederic holds a master’s degree in Thermal Science and Controls from the University of Paris and a bachelor’s degree in Thermal Science and Energy Management from the University of Pau (France). He is a licensed professional engineer in Minnesota.
Professional Engineer (PE)
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- American Society of Plumbing Engineers
- The ESOP Association
- HOBBIES: Soccer, Broomball, Motorcycling, Scuba Diving in warm waters. I am intrigued by sky diving…
- PETS: 2 dogs (Samoyed Tessa + Coton de Tuléar Iggy) + 1 cat (Scottish Fold: Finny)
- FAVORITE TV SHOW: Eclectic taste, but The Americans was well done. Recently watched Balthazar.
- FAVORITE MOVIE: Eclectic taste so none in particular.
- FAVORITE VACATION SPOT: Anywhere warm with water in the winter. Otherwise, I still love France.
- HOMETOWN: Vienne, Isère, France
- WHAT’S ONE PROFESSIONAL SKILL YOU’RE CURRENTLY WORKING ON?: Mentoring
- WHAT’S YOUR IDEAL WAY TO SPEND THE WEEKEND?: Motorcycle ride or going to the cabin.