Mr. Nelson is a licensed professional engineer with more than 25 years of industry experience. He is a principal, practice leader and chief structural engineer leading the structural practice’s full spectrum of projects. Eric oversees all structural work and is also involved in company operations, business development, marketing and client relations.
Eric has gained invaluable experience working on projects of all types and sizes, new and existing building renovations including historic as well as national/regional program work. His project experience ranges from office and municipal buildings to apartment developments and senior housing campuses, to office warehouses and manufacturing facilities, to ice arenas and aquatic facilities as well as retail and tenant buildouts.
Eric holds a bachelor’s degree from North Dakota State University-Fargo, is a licensed professional engineer in 15 states and holds a FAA Remote Pilot license (drone pilot).
Professional Engineer (PE)
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Dakota
FAA Remote Pilot
- American Concrete Council
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- American Wood Council
- ASTM International
- Minnesota Structural Engineers Association
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (registered)
- Structural Engineering Institute
- The ESOP Association
- The Masonry Society
- Hobbies: Fishing + Hunting
- Pets: 2 dogs (Bennie + Stella)
- Favorite TV Show: Arrested Development
- Favorite Movie: Spaceballs
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Anywhere there’s water, fish and a warm climate.
- Hometown: Mahtomedi, MN
- What led you to this career?: Every career test I took in school showed the same results so I went with it, no matter how much my father tried talking me out of it…
- When I was 5, I was pretty sure I’d be a professional fisherman when I grew up.